Today, I'm sharing a recipe with you for my absolute favorite type of cookie! In my opinion it doesn't get better than chocolate chip/chunk. For this recipe I modified a recipe of Jamie Oliver to fit it more to my preference. The cookies are crunchy and chewy!❤️
-200 grams of light brown caster sugar
-200 grams of butter
-325 grams of self raising flour
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or aroma
-1 teaspoon of sea salt
-250 grams of chopped (any type or mixed) chocolate, I used a mixture of milk and dark chocolate
1. Mix the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer or knead it with your hands. When it's well combined add the egg and the vanilla, mix it in.
2. Then add the flour, salt and chocolate. Knead the mixture to a dough and let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Don't make the chunks of chocolate too big, I wouldn't make the pieces bigger than a centimeter.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to form balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. The cookies spread out in the oven, so make sure there is space between them. I put 9 cookies on one baking sheet.
5. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Let the cookies firm up on the baking sheet for a few minutes, afterwards you can place them on wire racks to cool down while the rest of the batch is made.
And that's it! It's so simple but soooooo tasty!!!! If you recreate this recipe please let me know :D
Tag me on instagram or twitter, whatever floats your boat! In the meantime comment down below the name of your favorite cookie!